Friday, June 15, 2007

WHERE SHOULD WE GO FOR DINNER?


How often do you utter these words? If you're like me, its far too many times to count. And, if you're like me, then you also love going out to eat out more than just about anything. Seriously. My top three thing to do are probably: sleeping, going out to eat, and then. . . I don't know reading. Or maybe it's getting mail, or sending mail, or bargain hunting, or garage saleing. . . Anyway, you get the point, going out to eat is up there.

I love the whole experience of it. Its more than just eating a meal. There's nothing wrong with eating a meal, who doesn't love a good meal? But even more than eating, I like being seated at a restaurant, ordering a nice bottle of wine, and some nice food, and taking in my surroundings. I like all kinds of restaurants. I like the details. Impeccable service, or outstanding cocktails, whatever it is, a good restaurant has something that sets them apart and keeps people coming back.

I've worked as a waitress (excuse me, Server) for the better part of my life, and through all of the years of taking orders and clearing plates, I gained a certain admiration for people who can take a building with a kitchen in it, and turn it into a restaurant. A place with atmosphere, where people want to go and spend their time (and money).

So in this space, I will tell you about places I like to go. And maybe I'll tell you about some places that I'd reather not.

No comments: